Fedora 16 ( 64 bits )

I use to play with fedora since it split from redhat. That time i know how to deal with yum ( fedora package manager ) but not much. Now i do task in ubuntu and have apt-get to be a short sword. Today I found some good article about top 10 linux distros. I saw fedora bring something interesting up again. So I got fedora16 (64 bit) in my virtualbox. At the end I found myself trying to find something like build-essential ( ubuntu ) from yum. That's why I have to wrote down in this post. To get something like that I have to


>> su - # to be root, traditional way of fedora:)
>> yum install yumex 
 Arrh then you can have something like ubuntu software manager, let's go to development topics then click !!!


*** let's try
>> yum install binutils gcc make patch libgomp glibc-headers glibc-devel kernel-headers kernel-devel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference between apt-get update and apt-get dis-upgrade