New to Kubuntu 12.10 with my old ATI

If you have ATI graphic card 2xxx-4xxx like me. You will found problem such as kubuntu can not find you graphic card adapter. It's pain. I spend my time google then I have got keyword "fglrx-legacy-driver". Googling it then something like this come up!! http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/10/how-to-install-amd-catalyst-legacy.html . I tried it and it's works. Currently I use external monitor , that doesn't not work now. I just something I found during googling are

  • make your kubuntu know you have attached external monitor
  • run kdesudo amdcccle
  • goto display manager then check if you see 2 screens active (that's a good luck)
  • goto terminal, run command sudo aticonfig --initial ( hope you will get xorg.conf which contain detail of current state )
  • reboot
  • then wish you luck

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference between apt-get update and apt-get dis-upgrade